Monday 17 August 2009

Gao Zhisheng's Open Letter to the United States Congress

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives:

Most respectful greetings from Gao Zhisheng! Allow me to express my sincere gratitude for your kind consideration and support in the past year to me and to the values I am pursuing.

In the past two months, I have twice read the Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787 by James Madison. Freedom, democracy, and rule by law and constitution are the values China has longed for but has not been able to enjoy.

There is a saying in China, "A bite when hungry is better appreciated than a feast when full." Likewise, your persistence is especially precious given the almost total silence, or even subservience, of the mainstream international world in the past few years in the face of the tyranny of the Chinese communist regime, a parvenu government that stops at no evil. (Click Here for More)

No comments:

Post a Comment